Roast Potatoes are an essential part of a roast meal. When the are Low Fat Roast Potatoes they are even better. This recipe will cut the amount of fat consumed by quite an amount. I look on it that I can have more which is always a good thing. These roasties are simply divine. Also to get the best roast potatoes, always use a starchy potato, such as a Russet or King Edward. The starch helps to thicken things up and make the skin crispier. When you have these with Turkey, Chicken or Beef etc. they really make the meal. They are ideal to help with the peas or to soak up gravy.
Low Fat Roast Potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 230C/210C Fan/Gas 8 or its hottest setting.
- Boil the potatoes in lightly salted boiling water for 3-4 minutes, then drain in a colander.
- Rough up the outer layer of the potatoes by shaking them in the colander. Then season with salt and pepper, spray well with cooking oil spray.
- Tip the potatoes into a large baking tray and roast for 25 minutes.
- Mix them around, spray with more cooking oil spray and roast for a further 25 minutes, until golden-brown all over.