Channel your inner ‘Bake Off’ with this simple but delicious bread recipe. Making bread is a lot easier than it looks and you’ll be rewarded with the most delicious smell. Top with your favourite spread and enjoy! This Oatmeal Loaf is so easy to bake, you will not want to buy a loaf again. The ingredients are healthy and makes this a healthy start to the day. Allowing for the time to allow the dough to rise, this is a very fast method to produce a superb loaf. The oatmeal, flours, honey and rapeseed oil all make this a tasty bread unlike so many others.
- Mix the flours, oatmeal, 25g oats, salt and yeast in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix 300ml warm water with the honey and oil and stir into the flour to form a dough.
- Knead on a floured surface for 10 minutes until smooth and elastic.
- Place in an oiled bowl, cover and leave in a warm place for 30 minutes - 1 hour until doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 200C, gas mark 6.
- Grease a 1kg loaf tin.
- Knock the dough back and mould into a rough loaf shape to drop into the prepared tin.
- Cover and leave for 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Sprinkle with the remaining oats and bake for 30-35 minutes until golden.
- Remove from the tin and cool.
- Serve with jam, marmalade or lemon curd.