Sesame Chicken with Noodles is a recipe from an old friend Mrs Woo. She always used to say that the day begins in the kitchen and she was so right. This noodle dish is so good and the marinade is so flavourful and aromatic it fill the home with a lovely scent. Adding the toasted sesame seeds gives the chicken breast a superb additional texture. Mrs Woo could make this dish in half the time but I have allowed an hour excluding marinade time. I use this as a main dish most of the time but when serving a group, it is a side dish. Enjoy.
Sesame Chicken With Noodles
- Cook the spaghetti according to package directions and drain well once cooked
- Add the soy sauce, sesame oil and the sugar to a bowl and whisk until the sugar has dissolved
- Pour this over the pasta and toss with scallions and sprinkle with the sesame seeds.
- Put to one side for now
- In a large bowl mix the soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, garlic, brown sugar and the ginger and whisk until the ginger has dissolved
- Add the chicken, making sure it's all coated with the sauce. Cover and place in the fridge to marinate for at least 3 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade
- Heat the sesame oil in a large non-stick pan and sauté the chicken in batches for about 10 minutes, or until done, adding more sesame oil as needed.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and let cool slightly.
- Slice the chicken into thin diagonal strips.
- Serve the chicken over the sesame noodles.