A Simply Sumptuous Sirloin Steak is a cut of beef that I will never turn down. Whether it be a simple recipe like steak and chips to being included in a Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich, it always works. However, the essence of any good steak is simplicity. Don’t try to over power the steak but work with it . Hot and fast is the ideal method having a piping hot pan ready to receive them. This recipe is ideal for sandwiches, main dishes and snacks.
Simply Sumptuous Sirloin Steak
- You should always cook steak from room temperature so about 30 mins before you plan to cook remove them from the fridge.
- Pour a little oil over the steak, season both sides of the steak with salt and pepper and a sprig of rosemary each and massage in well.
- Squash the garlic to release the oils but not need to chop.
- Put a good quality frying pan over a high heat. The pan must be big enough for each steak to have a bit of room.
- Place the steaks into the pan carefully with the garlic.
- Reduce the heat a little to more of a medium-high and add the butter to help “baste” the steaks.
- With a pair of tongs, sear and turn the steaks every 30 secs to 1 min so they get a nice brown crust.
- A steak 2cm in depth should take about 3 mins in total to be rare, 4-5 mins in total be medium and 7-8 mins to be well done.