One of the most used utensils in my kitchen is my waffle maker. I love them, my children love them and so do all of their friends. Waffles with Strawberries is a very simple recipe that I love to have for breakfast. I change which fruit I use depending on the season. You can make waffles in advance. Allow them to cool and keep in a sealed container in the fridge or freezer. Simply place them in the toaster when needed.
Waffles with Strawberries
- Turn on the waffle maker and allow it to heat up.
- In a large bowl, add the eggs and beat until light and fluffy.
- Wash and remove the stems from the strawberries. Then slice
- Add the sliced strawberries into a clean bowl and add the caster sugar. Allow to sit and combine.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and continue to beat until lovely and smooth. Easy or what?
- I use a cooking spray on my waffle maker for ease. just spray on each section to avoid sticking.
- Carefully pour the mixture on o the waffle maker and close the lid. Cook for as long as the instructions tell you. Each waffle maker is different.
- Cook until golden brown.
- Serve hot with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a portion of strawberries with juice.