A refreshing ice cream based dessert that goes along way.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to CollectionCollections
Servings: 12 people
- Line a 4 litre mould or bowl with the vanilla ice cream and freeze until firm.
- Cover the vanilla ice cream evenly with the raspberry sherbet and freeze until solid.
- Repeat the process with the pistachio ice cream.
- Beat the egg whites until foamy, and slowly beat in the sugar.
- Whip the cream until stiff. Fold the cream, candied fruit, and optional rum into the egg whites, folding gently until thoroughly combined.
- Spoon the egg white mixture into the centre of the moulded ice cream, spreading it evenly to form a smooth bottom layer.
- Cover and freeze until firm.
- The dish may be kept frozen for up to two weeks at this stage.
- To unmould, dip the outside of the mould or bowl in hot water for 5 or 6 seconds and invert onto a cold platter.
- Whip the remaining cup of whipping cream until stiff and decorate the moulded ice cream with a pastry bag fitted with a decorative tip.
- Garnish with the candied fruit.
- Alternately, decorate the ice cream with the candied fruit, and serve the whipped cream in a separate bowl for the diners to serve themselves.
Calories: 181kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 40mg | Sodium: 35mg | Potassium: 41mg | Fiber: 0.2g | Sugar: 18g