Fried Artichoke Hearts – Carciofi Friti is a lovely Italian recipe. They are dipped in egg , breaded and then deep fried for a lovely crispy coating. Served as a starter or as a side dish for a special surprise.
Fried Artichoke Hearts – Carciofi Friti
Simple finger friendly food with a crunchy outside and soft delicate inners.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to CollectionCollections
Servings: 4 people
- Combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan, salt, and pepper in a shallow bowl.
- Dip the artichoke hearts in the eggs, then roll in the bread crumb mixture.
- Heat about 1 inch (3 cm) of the oil in a skillet over high until some bread crumbs sizzle immediately when dropped in.
- Fry the artichokes in batches until golden brown on all sides, about 10 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels and serve with lemon wedges.
Different but gorgeous
Calories: 290kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 723mg | Potassium: 104mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6g