Fried Artichoke Hearts – Carciofi Friti is a lovely Italian recipe. They are dipped in egg , breaded and then deep fried for a lovely crispy coating. Served as a starter or as a side dish for a special surprise.
Fried Artichoke Hearts – Carciofi Friti
- Combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan, salt, and pepper in a shallow bowl.
- Dip the artichoke hearts in the eggs, then roll in the bread crumb mixture.
- Heat about 1 inch (3 cm) of the oil in a skillet over high until some bread crumbs sizzle immediately when dropped in.
- Fry the artichokes in batches until golden brown on all sides, about 10 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels and serve with lemon wedges.