Tomatoes Stuffed with Tuna – Pomodori al Tonno are easy to produce but look very impressive on the table as a starter or as a side dish to a main course.
Tomatoes Stuffed with Tuna - Pomodori al Tonno
A superbly simple side dish that everybody loves.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to CollectionCollections
Servings: 6 people
- Slice the tops off the tomatoes and scoop out the seeds and most of the dividing walls inside.
- Sprinkle the insides of the tomatoes lightly with salt and invert on paper towels for 1/2 hour to drain the excess moisture.
- Mix together the tuna, 1/2 cup (125 ml) of the mayonnaise, capers, lemon juice, mustard, salt, and pepper, and fill the tomatoes with the tuna mixture.
- Spread the remaining mayonnaise on top, and garnish with parsley leaves.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
This is a superb side dish that everyone enjoys.
Sodium: 324mg | Sugar: 1g | Fiber: 0.2g | Potassium: 7mg | Cholesterol: 5mg | Calories: 665kcal | Monounsaturated Fat: 50g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Fat: 73g | Protein: 0.4g | Carbohydrates: 5g