- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken, onion and garlic; saute until chicken is mostly cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the crushed tomatoes, mushrooms and Italian seasoning.
- Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat and stir in the sugar.
- Simmer for at least 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil; add rotini pasta and cook until al dente.
- Drain and serve topped with the chicken mixture and grated Parmesan cheese.