A slightly different take on an Italian classic. The chicken adds a slightly different texture that makes a good change to the norm. I don't tell the family I have changed the protein and they always claim how good it taste. My little secret I think.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to CollectionCollections
Servings: 4 people
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken, onion and garlic; saute until chicken is mostly cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the crushed tomatoes, mushrooms and Italian seasoning.
- Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat and stir in the sugar.
- Simmer for at least 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil; add rotini pasta and cook until al dente.
- Drain and serve topped with the chicken mixture and grated Parmesan cheese.
Sodium: 655mg | Sugar: 9g | Fiber: 8g | Potassium: 120mg | Cholesterol: 6mg | Calories: 483kcal | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Fat: 8g | Protein: 18g | Carbohydrates: 84g