A simple but subtle recipes that is healthy and tasty. I serve Dover Sole Meuniere with new potatoes and green beans for an outstanding meal. This is a classic French fish dish consisting of a whole sole, that is floured and pan fried in butter. It is then served with the butter sauce it was cooked in and a slice of lemon. This is a dish that always looks clean and impressive and when served with a chilled glass of white wine a sure fire hit. Always make sure you have enough of the butter sauce to cover the new potatoes and green beans.
Dover Sole Meuniere
- Heat half the butter in a large frying pan.
- Put the milk in a large dish and season the flour and put it on a plate.
- Dip the fish in the milk then into the flour making sure it's well coated.
- Fry the fish for about 4 minutes on each side.
- Transfer them to warmed plates.
- Add the rest of the beutter and lemon juice to the cooking pan.
- Scrape the the residue from the pan and turn the heat up. Pour the sizzling butter over the fish.
- Scatter the parsley over and serve with some new potatoes and veg - try green beans, broccoli or similar