In a world that is in lockdown,this recipe will show you just how good cooking at home can be. The Fried Chicken Strips are simple to prepare, easy to cook and so delicious.
Using a deep fryer produces a lovely all over colour while cooking the chicken evenly. I have used crumbled crackers for the coating in this recipe but you can use other coatings if you wish. I have tried breadcrumbs, plain biscuits and a batter mix that all work superbly. These are ideal as a main dish or as a snack and ideal for children.
Fried Chicken Strips
- Cut the chicken breasts into 1cm strips.
- Crumble the crackers into crumbs.
- Combine the crumbled crackers, garlic salt, dried basil, pepper and paprika into a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- A shallow dish is best for dunking.
- In a similar dish, beat the large free range egg and milk together.
- Dip chicken into the egg mixture ensuring a good covering.
- Then dunk the egg coated chicken into the crumbled cracker mi and cover. This is the bit that goes crispy.
- Heat the oil in a deep fat fryer to 380°.
- Fry the coated chicken strips, a few at a time, for 2-3 minutes until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels and serve.