Huevos Rancheros – Eggs Ranch Style is a popular breakfast dish consisting of eggs served in the style of the traditional large mid-morning fare on rural Mexican farms. I cook these for brunch when my sons visit and it is always a hit. I use homemade Mexican Sauce in advance and store it in the fridge for a few days. These are so quick to make, that brunch is a favourite but snacking is also a contender. I prefer to make the eggs lovely and runny so it needs extra tortillas to soak up the mess. Huevos Rancheros – Eggs Ranch Style are so delicious and so easy it is a big Thank you Mexico.
Huevos Rancheros - Eggs Ranch Style
- Heat the vegetable oil in a heavy skillet over moderate heat and fry the tortillas until limp.
- Drain on paper towels and place two tortillas, side by side, on each plate.
- Fry the eggs in the butter to your preferred degree of doneness.
- Place the eggs (2 per person) on top of the tortillas and top with tomato sauce.
- Serve with refried beans.