Pink Macaroons with Strawberry Filling are an old childhood favourite from a bygone day. These are so easy to make and so tasty. Using strawberry jam and a filling and as part of the macaroon mix gives it a burst of flavour. Also these can be made in advance and kept in the fridge and serves as a biscuit or as a snack.
Pink Macaroons with Strawberry Filling
For the Macaroons
- Carefully separate the egg whites from the yolks
- Pour the egg whites into a glass bowl and and whisk until light and frothy.
- Gradually add the sugar whilst continuing to whisk until “stiff peaks” are formed.
- Combine the Almond Flour and the powdered sugar and sieve into the the whisked egg whites.
- Slowly fold the sugar and flour into the egg whites. If you rotate the bowl after every fold, the mixture should stay light.
- Add the food colouring and mix very gently.
- Add the mixture to a piping bag.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pipe a small disc onto the parchment leaving a space between each disc (using a circular motion seems to be the best way).
- Once all of the mixture has been used, place the trays to one side for about an hour so they start to skin over.
- Preheat the oven to 285ºF (140ºC).
- In a clean bowl combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar and milk and mix until smooth. Then add the remaining strawberry jam and mix until combined.
- Pour the mixture into a clean piping bag and ready to fill the macaroons.
- Place the macaroons into the oven and bake for about 15 minutes until the have risen.
- Once cooked, let them cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Filling is very easy. Pipe a circular motion onto one half of a macaroon and sandwich with another macaroon.
- You can add a bit of jam in the centre of each macaroon for added flavour.
- Keep chilled until needed and enjoy.