Simple Soy Dip is ready in minutes and puts the finishing touch to many Chinese and Japanese dishes. It can be made in advance and stored in the fridge until needed. This dip is best if left in the fridge for a few hours. Reheat the dip to serve warm. Serve with spring rolls, sushi and sesame toast to name but a few.
Simple Soy Dip
- In a mixing bowl add the water, garlic, soy sauce, green onions, hoisin sauce, toasted sesame oil, sugar and minced ginger.
- Stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Add more hoisin sauce if you want until you get the consistency you enjoy.
- Pour into an airtight container and store in the fridge until needed. At least 2 hours. This will also help the flavours to intensify.
- When ready to serve, warm gently in a saucepan and pour into serving dishes.