Student Pot Noodle is a fast cheap dish that is filling and very tasty. It is ideal for students away from home and can be made in one pan in only 8 minutes. The combination of bacon, spring onion and mushrooms with the noodles creates a main dish that fits every budget.
Student Pot Noodle
- Place a small frying pan over a high heat and fry the bacon until starting to turn brown.
- Add the mushrooms and spring onions (scallions), frozen peas, paprika and continue to cook for 1 – 2 minutes. The mushrooms and peas should be cooked.
- In a normal mug, mix the cornflour with a little of the vegetable stock and mix into a paste. Add to the pan and stir in.
- Add the remaining stock and dash of Worcestershire sauce or Hoisin Sauce for added flavour.
- Finally add the noodles and allow to simmer for a few minutes for the noodles to cook and absorb the flavours.
- Serve in warmed bowls.