Pappa al pomodoro is a thick Tuscan soup typically prepared with fresh tomatoes, bread, olive oil, garlic, basil, and various other fresh ingredients
Tomato Bread Soup - Pappa al Pomodoro
- Heat the oil in a large pot over moderate heat and saute the garlic until it is lightly browned.
- Remove and discard the garlic.
- Add the stock, tomatoes, basil, salt, and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Add the bread, reduce the heat, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let sit for 20 minutes before serving.