Pappa al pomodoro is a thick Tuscan soup typically prepared with fresh tomatoes, bread, olive oil, garlic, basil, and various other fresh ingredients
Tomato Bread Soup - Pappa al Pomodoro
A lovely deep flavoured thick soup.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to CollectionCollections
Servings: 4 people
- Heat the oil in a large pot over moderate heat and saute the garlic until it is lightly browned.
- Remove and discard the garlic.
- Add the stock, tomatoes, basil, salt, and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Add the bread, reduce the heat, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let sit for 20 minutes before serving.
Sodium: 2374mg | Sugar: 12g | Fiber: 6g | Potassium: 637mg | Calories: 613kcal | Monounsaturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Fat: 17g | Protein: 17g | Carbohydrates: 100g