Trout with Capers is a traditional British recipe everybody should know. Fast and clean with a lovely caper kick. Only takes one glass of white wine so plenty left over to have with the Trout. Served as a main dish with seasonal greens and boiled potatoes for a delight.
Trout with Capers
- Melt the butter and olive oil in a large frying pan until it sizzles.
- Put the trout – skin (or skinned) side down – and fry for 1 minute.
- Flip and fry for about 4 minutes.
- Turn and fry again for 4 minutes.
- Turn once more and fry for a further minute until the fish is cooked and hot.
- Remove the fish, keep it warm and add the glass of wine, capers and chopped parsley to the pan.
- Scrape the residue from the frying pan and stir the mixture thoroughly.
- Pour the sizzling juices over the fish and serve with some new potatoes and buttered veg or a salad.