Aromatic Pilau Rice
A few cupboard basics makes this rice dish a divine rice dish. The gentle aromas hit the senses even before you have a chance to taste the dish.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to CollectionCollections
Servings: 4 people
- Wash the rice several time in cold water, then leave to soak for about 30 minutes in fresh cold water or if in a rush wash under the tap for a couple of minutes.
- Cook the onion in the butter for around 5 minutes until softened.
- Add the spices, saffron and bay leaves and cook for a couple more minutes.
- The spices will give a wonderful fragrant flavour to the rice.
- Add the rice and stir until the grains are coated in the butter before stirring in the stock or water and salt. Bring to the boil and then cover with a tight-fitting lid.
- If the lid isn't very tight, cover the pan with aluminium foil before putting the lid on.
- Turn the heat down low and leave to cook for 10 minutes before turning off the heat.
- Don't remove the lid; just leave the rice to continue cooking in the pan for about 5 minutes until you're ready to serve.
- The rice should have absorbed all the water and will just need fluffing up with a fork.
- Add a knob of butter before serving.
Calories: 136kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 0.4g | Saturated Fat: 0.1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.1g | Sodium: 141mg | Potassium: 36mg | Fiber: 0.4g | Sugar: 0.1g