Baja Chicken Pasta Salad is one of those salads that are superb hot or cold. This is ideal for those summer meals in the garden where temperature doesn’t matter. Everybody in the family loves this recipe and it is easy to understand. As a result of the chicken being boiled, it so succulent on its own but add chilli, fruit, mayo and the rest to create a superb main dish. Also Baja Chicken Pasta Salad can be made in advance, there is no rushing about at the last minute cooking. Just sit back and relax and watch the children play and the world go by.
Baja Chicken Pasta Salad
- Heat enough salted water to cover the chicken breast (1/4 tsp salt to 1 cup of water) to boiling in a 4 quart Dutch oven.
- Add the chicken breast.
- Cover and heat to boiling, reduce the heat and simmer until the chicken is done, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove the chicken with a slotted spoon.
- Heat the water to boiling and add the fruit and ring macaroni or orzo gradually so that the water continues to boil.
- Boil, uncovered, stirring occasionally, just until the ring macaroni is tender, about 6 to 8 minutes or 10 minutes for the orzo, then drain.
- Rinse with cold water and drain again.
- Cut the chicken into 1/2-inch pieces and mix with the fruit, macaroni, jicama and onions.
- Mix the remaining ingredients and toss with the chicken mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled, at least 2 hours.