Red Pepper Soup is a true delight that I recommend to everyone. It is tasty, warming and has a lovely pepper hit. Also it is high in Vitamins A and C which are good for the old body. Anything that starts with garlic, pepper and onions is going to be good. However a soup can be made in advance and is portable in a flask.
Red Pepper Soup
- This is so easy.
- First, add the butter to a large saucepan on a medium heat and melt it.
- Place the red peppers, onion and garlic into the saucepan and sauté for about 10 minutes until tender. They should be soft but not mushy.
- Add the chicken stock to the pan and sti well to thouroughly mix.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer the ingredients for about 30 minutes until it is piping hot and the flavours have had a chance to blend.
- Carefully pour the mixture into a blender and purée until smooth. (or the texture you want)
- Pour the soup back into the saucepan after passing it though a sieve to make it fine.
- Return the saucepan over medium low heat.
- Add the double cream stirring constantly and then add salt and pepper to taste.
- After about 10 minutes, it will be ready to serve.
- You can make this in advance and reheat when you want to.