Bean Dip - Hummus
A Middle Eastern dip that is ideal as a buffet recipe. This has to be one of the most popular dips around and always a hit.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to CollectionCollections
Servings: 6 people
- Place the chickpeas or beans into a bowl or a food processor.
- Blend or mash with a fork or masher (or the end of a rolling pin!) until the beans are a rough paste.
- You can make it as smooth as you like.
- Add the crushed garlic and tahini and mix well.
- Add a teaspoon each of water, olive oil and lemon juice and mix well to get the right texture/consistency.
- Keep adding water, oil and lemon until the dip is the texture and taste you want.
- Add a little salt and pepper, to taste.
You can also use butter beans, pinto or borlotti beans.
Calories: 71kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 0.3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 115mg | Potassium: 2mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 0.3g