Bean Dip - Hummus
- Place the chickpeas or beans into a bowl or a food processor.
- Blend or mash with a fork or masher (or the end of a rolling pin!) until the beans are a rough paste.
- You can make it as smooth as you like.
- Add the crushed garlic and tahini and mix well.
- Add a teaspoon each of water, olive oil and lemon juice and mix well to get the right texture/consistency.
- Keep adding water, oil and lemon until the dip is the texture and taste you want.
- Add a little salt and pepper, to taste.