Beef Stroganoff or Beef Stroganov is a Russian dish. It consists of sautéed pieces of beef served in a sauce on a bed of rice, pasta or noodles. This is a recipe that when you have a bit of experience with it you can do it all within 15 minutes. You can also add paprika to the flour before you cover the beef. Instead of using sour cream you can use low fat or fat free yoghurt. We have used sherry in this recipe but you can use brandy and flame it to burn off the alcohol. This leaves the brandy aroma and taste without the alcohol.
- Melt butter over medium high heat in a deep sauté pan. Place flour in a plastic bag.
- Add tips to flour. Close bag and shake. Sauté onions and garlic in butter for a few minutes.
- Add Tenderloin Tips and mushrooms to pan and brown lightly.
- Stir in consomme and cook over low heat for about 20 minutes. Add sherry and cream and cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle paprika over stroganoff, stir and serve over noodles.