I have made this with frozen strawberries and raspberries. Just defrost them thoroughly and allow them to warm up before using. Just as delicious. These Raspberry and Strawberry Oat Biscuits are incredibly easy to produce and the children love them. It is an easy way of getting youngsters and certain adults to eat fruit. This is also a recipe that my children love to help make. The oats mixture makes this a challenge to stir and the boys show off their muscles doing it. They then watch the oven until they are cooked and watch until they have cooled down. Perfect. If you like these then you have to try our Muesli Breakfast Biscuits or Foundation Icebox Cookies. These are perfect for snacks and picnics.
Raspberry and Strawberry Oat Biscuits
- Grease al tin 23cm x 33cm and preheat the oven to Gas 5, 190°C (170c fan), 375°F.
- Mix the flour and salt and roughly rub in the margarine. Stir the oats and sugar into the mixture and use your hands to combine it to a thick doughy mixture.
- Press half of the oat mixture into the prepared tin.
- Sprinkle over the raspberries and strawberries, squashing slightly to release the juice.
- Cover with the remaining oat mixture then press down firmly.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Leave to cool for 10 minutes then cut into squares.