I haven’t had Foundation Icebox Cookies since I was a kid. Found the recipe and had to give it a go. These are so simple to prep and keep extras in the freezer and cook when needed. My grandchildren not only loves to eat these but love to help make them as well. These are ideal for little snacks and on the go when out and about especially in picnics and lunch boxes. Also, if you want to be a little bit extravagant, these are lovely with a drop of jam and cream. Your lips will love them even if your hips won’t.
Foundation Icebox Cookies
- Sift together the flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Cream the butter and sugar together; add the lemon extract.
- Add eggs and flavoring alternately with the sifted dry ingredients.
- Form in long rolls about 2″ in diameter, wrap in waxed paper, and place in refrigerator til firm.
- Slice cookies 1/16″ thick and bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes.