What could be more convenient than home made muesli breakfast biscuits. No need to add milk to a bowl but eat them on the go. These biscuits are very quick to cook, only 15 minutes but can be packed for lunches, picnics and children’s snacks. I have added sultanas and dried apricots but have also used dried cranberries, raisins and most other dried fruit. This recipe is flexible to allow for peoples taste buds. Despite often having breakfast at home, I often take one of these to work with me as a snack. They are a tonic with a mug of coffee to keep me going until lunch.
Muesli Breakfast Biscuits
- Preheat the oven to 160oC, gas mark 3. Line 2 baking trays with baking parchment.
- Whisk the butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients and then mix into the butter mixture to make a firm dough.
- Chill in the fridge for 10-15 minutes.
- On a floured surface, roll or press out the dough to a 22 x 16cm rectangle, cut into 12 biscuits.
- Place on the prepared trays and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden.
- Cool slightly before transferring to a cool rack.