Ukrainian Noodles with Cabbage – Lokshyna z Kapustiou is a dish that is full of flavour and very filling. The ingredients are simple but when combined make a main dish that will satisfy the hungriest of appetites. This vegetarian recipe is ready within 20 minutes and ideal for those in a rush.
Ukrainian Noodles with Cabbage – Lokshyna z Kapustiou
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil 60 ml
- 1 small cabbage cored and shredded
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 cup drained sauerkraut 250 ml, optional
- 1/2 lb dried egg noodles cooked according to the package directions and drained, 225 g
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs toast in butter first, 60 ml
- 1 tbsp butter 15 ml
- Salt to taste
- ground pepper to taste
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over moderate heat and saute the cabbage and onion until tender but not brown, about 10 minutes.
- Add the sauerkraut and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the cooked noodles and stir to combine.
- Serve garnished with the toasted bread crumbs.