Ukrainian Noodles with Cabbage - Lokshyna z Kapustiou
Lovely Ukranian vegetarian main dish that is a light yet filling.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to CollectionCollections
Servings: 4 people
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil 60 ml
- 1 small cabbage cored and shredded
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 cup drained sauerkraut 250 ml, optional
- 1/2 lb dried egg noodles cooked according to the package directions and drained, 225 g
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs toast in butter first, 60 ml
- 1 tbsp butter 15 ml
- Salt to taste
- ground pepper to taste
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over moderate heat and saute the cabbage and onion until tender but not brown, about 10 minutes.
- Add the sauerkraut and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the cooked noodles and stir to combine.
- Serve garnished with the toasted bread crumbs.
Calories: 247kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 8g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 0.01g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 443mg | Potassium: 135mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g