Spicy Sausage Pasta is a lovely Italian pasta dish that will feed 4 people within 16 minutes. The spicy sausage provides the impact, the pasta the filling and the sauce the finishing touch. Not to mention the texture and flavour the asparagus provides. This is how fast food should be. I normally serve this with a light salad such as a Green Goddess Salad or a more traditional Olive Salad – Insalata di Olive. When you serve this, watch the expressions on your families face change from “oh pasta again” to “can we have this again tomorrow”. When you need a main dish on the table fast then you must try this. My children and grandchildren love this recipe.
Spicy Sausage Pasta
- Cook the pasta in salted boiling water until al dente.
- In a frying pan, heat the olive oil and shallow fry the onion and sausage until golden. Add the asparagus and cook in the pan at the same time.
- Add the mushrooms, chilli and the pine kernels, season with salt and pepper and cook for about three minutes.
- Drain the pasta, add to the sauce and mix well.
- Serve immediately with some freshly grated pecorino on top.