Thai Rice Soup is a soup for breakfast. This recipes uses the left overs from the previous weekend and is very popular in Thailand. Also it has been called a hangover cure. However with the birds eye chillies in the recipe, you have to be very brave to try this on top. Have this on a cold winters and you will be free to take on the world. Try this recipe with Kao Pad for a balanced soup and rice meal. This is a hot dish but can be turned down to a moderate heat. Its the flavour that captures your taste buds.
Thai Rice Soup
- Pour the strock, ginger and celery into a large saucepan. Chop the lemon grass and add to the saucepan along with the rice.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer
- Mix the chicken with the salt and a pinch of white pepper and roll into small balls to place in the soup.
- Continue to simmer for about 15 – 20 minutes until everything is cooked.
- Chop the coriander finely and put to one side as a garnish
- Pour the fish sauce into a saucer and slice the chilies into the sauce.
- Peel the garlic and mince it up. Once minced add the lime juice and put into another saucer as a garnish.
- Pour the soup into serving bowl around serve along with the garnishes on the saucer.