A Shrimp Cocktail is used as both a starter or a canapé. Each one both works well and brings back memories of the 1970s. A very simple recipe of shrimp in a divine spicy sauce. It sets the palette off. It is a good start of what is to come.
- Combine the shrimp, lemon slices, peppercorns, and enough water to cover in a saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer over moderate heat, and remove from the heat as soon as the water starts to boil.
- Allow to sit in the hot water for 5 minutes, then drain and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, until well chilled.
- Spoon the sauce into a small bowl or wine glass and arrange the shrimp by looping their curved bodies over the edge of the bowl.
- Garnish with lemon wedges.