Borracho Beans – Frijoles Borrachos is a warming Mexican side dish with jalapenos and onion and garlic. The Pinto Beans add such a lovely body to the dish while the bacon adds flavour and texture. It’s an excellent dish that has everything thats needed.
Borracho Beans – Frijoles Borrachos
- Fry the bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towels, crumble, and set aside.
- Reserve about 2 tablespoons (30 ml) of the bacon fat and heat it in a large pot over moderate heat.
- Sauté the onion, garlic, and jalapeños until tender but not brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and simmer until heated through.
- Top with crumbled bacon and serve hot.