Herbed Sweet Potato Skins
A simple but popular recipe for thanksgiving and Christmas and actually every other opportunity.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to CollectionCollections
Servings: 4 people
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Pierce potatoes all over with a fork then arrange on a oiled foil-lined baking sheet, cut sides down, and bake until tender but not mushy, about 30 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate and set aside until cool enough to handle; reserve foil-lined baking sheet.
- Arrange a rack in the oven about 6 inches from the heating element and preheat broiler.
- Scoop about half of the potato flesh from the skins, leaving a 1/2-inch thick wall around the edges and bottom of each half.
- Cut each sweet potato shell lengthwise into 1/2-inch strips then arrange on the same foil-lined baking sheet in a single layer.
- In a small bowl, combine oil, parsley, oregano, rosemary, thyme, sage, salt and pepper then brush all over potato skins.
- Gill/broil skins until browned and piping hot about 6 minutes.
Sodium: 7mg | Sugar: 0.1g | Fiber: 1g | Potassium: 79mg | Calories: 68kcal | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Fat: 7g | Protein: 0.5g | Carbohydrates: 2g