Asparagus Salad – Asparagi in Insalata is a simple Italian vegetarian recipe that is refreshing and crunchy. It can be used as a side dish or as a main dish. The asparagus is cooked so it is soft yet still has a slight bite to it. I make this in advance as it is served cold so ideal for getting ahead. You can also add cheese and sesame seeds for additional textures, a favourite of my husband.
Asparagus Salad – Asparagi in Insalata
- Boil or steam the asparagus just until they are tender.
- Transfer to a platter and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Drain off any water in the platter, drizzle with oil and vinegar, and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve garnished with chopped parsley if desired.
- May be made several hours ahead, but do not refrigerate.