A family favourite. This pate has flavours so intense that once you start to dip, you will go on and on and on. Those have never tried it before will be converted. Chicken Liver Crostini – Crostini alla Chiantigiana is easy to produce and lovely and smooth to spread of toast, crackers etc. This can be served as a starter, as a canapes and also as a main dish.
Chicken Liver Crostini – Crostini alla Chiantigiana
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 8 oz chicken livers cleaned and chopped, 225 g
- 2 whole anchovies finely chopped
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1/2 rib celery finely chopped
- 1/2 large carrot finely chopped
- 1 tbsp capers finely chopped, 15 ml
- 2 tbsp butter 30 ml
- 4 tbsp Extra Virgin olive oil 60 ml
- 1/4 cup dry white wine 60 ml
- 1 tsp tomato paste 5 ml
- bagette sliced and toasted
- Salt to taste
- ground pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over moderate heat and saute the onion, garlic, celery, and carrot until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add the chicken livers and cook until they are no longer pink, about 3 minutes.
- Add the wine, tomato paste, salt, and pepper and simmer until most of the liquid has evaporated, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the butter, capers, and anchovies, stirring until the butter has melted.
- The mixture may be served as is or pureed in an electric food processor.
- Spread over the toasted bread and serve immediately.