Seafood Stuffed Seafood is a simple dish that always hits the spot. Family and friends always get surprised to peel back the fish flesh to find the fish has been stuffed with crab meat and shrimp. I use frozen crabmeat and vegetables for this dish and it works perfectly. Served as a main dish for a table of happy diners.
Seafood Stuffed Seafood
- Run cool water over crabmeat and shrimp and place in colander until thawed.
- Drain well.
- Chop and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°. In an uncovered medium saucepan, cook the mushrooms, onions and garlic in water until vegetables are tender, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and stir in seafood, salt, chili powder and pepper.
- Finally stir in stuffing mix.
- To Stuff Fish: Fill cavity with stuffing, lightly patting to flatten evenly.
- Put remaining stuffing in covered custard cup and bake for the last 10 minutes.
- Tie or skewer fish closed.
- Place stuffed fish in a oiled baking pan.
- Cover loosely with foil and bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork.