Breakfast Egg & Bacon Club is one of those things in life that you need to try. Whilst it is called a breakfast recipe, I have had this for lunch and even at three in the morning. The soft tomatoes, smoked back bacon, eggs and cream cheese make a sandwich beyond a sandwich. This sandwich is a real classic that will put a smile on your face. Perfect for impressing friends who come to stay and ideal for those mornings after the night before! Also try Breakfast Hash with Bacon and Poached Eggs and Smoked Haddock on Toasted Cheese from our Breakfast and Brunch Categories.
Breakfast Egg & Bacon Club
- Preheat the oven to 200C, gas mark 6.
- Place the tomatoes on the vine in a small roasting tin and spray with oil.
- Roast for 15-20 minutes. Once cooked remove from the vine.
- Meanwhile, grill the bacon for 4-5 minutes or until crispy.
- Fry the eggs in a non-stick pan with some spray oil for 2-3 minutes.
- Spread 4 slices of the toast with the cream cheese and top with the watercress then the bacon.
- Spread a further 4 slices of toast with the mayonnaise and top with the tomatoes and then the egg.
- Add the remaining 4 slices of toast and secure with a wooden skewer.