Boom Boom Turkey
A superb way to use up the leftover turkey and chicken. The addition of peanut butter makes the children love it and helps.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to CollectionCollections
Servings: 4 people
The meat part
The peanut sauce
- Whisk the soy sauce, lime juice, sugar, chilli powder and five-spice together to crate the marinade
- Put the turkey in a dish, pour over the marinade and toss.
- Cover with cling film and leave to stand for at least 30 minutes.
- To make the peanut sauce, heat the oil in a frying pan and add the shallots.
- Cook on a medium heat until they are translucent and have taken on some colour, then add the garlic, ginger and chillies and continue to cook.
- Stir regularly, for another 2–3 minutes, then add the remaining sauce ingredients.
- Stir, then simmer until the sauce has reduced down. Leave to cool.
- Add the sesame seeds to a small pan and fry to bring out the oils which you can sprinkle over the sauce covered chicken.
Sodium: 838mg | Sugar: 5g | Fiber: 2g | Potassium: 380mg | Cholesterol: 40mg | Calories: 342kcal | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Fat: 25g | Protein: 21g | Carbohydrates: 11g