Leftover Turkey Jambalaya
When there is Turkey and chipolatas left over then a Jambalaya is calling. Easy to prep and cook and the taste is divine.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to CollectionCollections
Servings: 4 people
- 12 large prawns deveined
- 2 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 400 g turkey leftovers chunks
- 200 g chipollatas chopped
- 2 medium onions finely chopped
- 50 g sweetcorn
- 2 large green peppers roughly diced
- 1 large red bell pepper sliced
- 2 sticks celery diced
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 whole bay leaves
- 200 g chopped tomatoes
- 400 g long-grain rice rinsed
- 1 ltr turkey stock chicken stock
- 1 large lemon wedged
- 1 shot hot sauce to taste
- 2 tbsp parsley chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- Put the prawns in a bowl and sprinkle over one tablespoon of the Cajun seasoning. Make sure they are totally covered.
- Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a pan and add the turkey and add the remaining Cajun seasoning.
- Fry briefly.
- Remove from the heat and put to one side.
- Heat another tablespoon of the olive oil in a large casserole dish.
- Add the sausage and fry until crisp and brown.
- Remove from the casserole and add the onions, peppers, sweetcorn and celery.
- Cook over a medium heat until they soften and start to caramelise around the edges, then add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add the bay leaf and chopped tomatoes.
- Sprinkle the rice, then pour in the stock.
- Return the sausage to the casserole and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer over a gentle heat for 15 minutes.
- Lightly stir in the cooked turkey, then place the prawns on top.
- Cover again and cook on a low heat for a further five minutes so that the prawns can steam.
- When the rice is cooked, turn off the heat and leave to stand
- Serve with lemon wedges, hot sauce and a good sprinkling of parsley and celery leaf if liked.
Sodium: 2056mg | Sugar: 2g | Fiber: 4g | Potassium: 530mg | Cholesterol: 107mg | Calories: 710kcal | Trans Fat: 0.1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 12g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Fat: 24g | Protein: 39g | Carbohydrates: 80g