Blueberry and Oat Muffins are a surprise to everybody who tries them. The flavour are refreshing with the blueberries whilst the oats add an additional layer of filling and texture. Whether they be for breakfast, brunch snacks or lunch, they always fit. I have also made these Muffins in advance and frozen them for a later date with great success.
Blueberry and Oat Muffins
- Preheat the oven to 180oC, gas mark 4.
- Place 12 paper cases in a muffin tray.
- Mix together the flour, oats, baking powder and sugar in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix together the egg, buttermilk and oil and stir into the flour until combined, then stir in the blueberries.
- Spoon mixture into the paper cases and sprinkle over the remaining 1 tbsp oats.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden.