A very simple sauce that goes well with so many dishes. Make in bulk and then divide up prior to freezing. Saves time, money and makes everybody happy.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to CollectionCollections
Servings: 6 people
- Heat the oil and butter together over low heat in a heavy bottomed pot.
- Add the onion, celery, and carrot and cook until wilted.
- Add the meat, breaking up the meat with a fork or spoon.
- Season the meat with salt and pepper, add the wine and allow the wine to cook completely down to almost dry before adding the tomatoes and water.
- Adjust the heat to a slow simmer and, being careful not to cook too rapidly, cook the meat and tomato sauce for 3 to 4 hours.
- Stir frequently to avoid scorching the bottom.
- When the sauce has cooked for several hours and the excess water has cooked off, remove from the heat and allow to cool before assembling the lasagna.
Calories: 309kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 64mg | Sodium: 283mg | Potassium: 337mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g