Chicken Livers with Curry is a dish that most people will ignore. However, those who enjoy sublime flavours and amazing aroma will cook this time after time. A simple recipe that always works well as a main course served with rice or as a side dish. Chicken livers on their own can be quite boring but when served in a curry sauce, the flavour combine and explode. This dish is ideal for busy people who need a meal fast. From start to finish, it takes only 30 minutes. Sauteeing the liver in breadcrumbs give the dish an emtire new direction.
Chicken Livers with Curry
- Dip the livers into the flour, then the egg, then the bread crumbs to coat evenly.
- Melt the butter in a heavy skillet over moderate heat and saute the livers until they are firm and browned on all sided.
- Remove from the pan and drain on paper towels.
- Add the onions to the fat remaining in the pan and cook for 5 minutes, until soft but not browned.
- Add the flour and the curry powder and stir to combine.
- Add the chicken stock and stir the sauce until it thickens.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the sauce over the livers.