Eggs Poached in Wine is a totally different method to poach an egg. However reduce the sauce and the recipe becomes alive. Using red wine gives the egg a lovely reddish hue. A very simple Breakfast/Brunch recipe for those special occasions.
Eggs Poached in Wine
Totally different method to poach an egg but the reduced sauce makes the entire recipe work. Save for special occasions – Mothers Day etcPrint Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to CollectionCollections
Servings: 4 people
- Combine the wine, garlic, thyme or rosemary, salt, and pepper in a saucepan and bring to a boil over moderate heat.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Remove and discard the garlic and fresh herbs.
- Using a tea cup or large spoon, gently slide the eggs into the liquid one at a time and poach until the eggs are cooked to the desired degree of firmness.
- Remove the eggs with a slotted spoon and place on toast.
- Add the cornstarch mixture and stir until the sauce has thickened.
- Spoon the sauce over the eggs and serve immediately.
Calories: 61kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 0.1g | Fat: 0.01g | Saturated Fat: 0.001g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.002g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.0004g | Sodium: 3mg | Potassium: 77mg | Fiber: 0.1g | Sugar: 0.4g