Easy Christmas Cookies and Biscuits is a time when children use their artistic talents to decorate food. The biscuits and cookies are perfect for hanging on the Christmas tree (just make sure your pets cant reach!!). Made in advance and enjoyed through out the season. I use pre made icing for the decorations which come in lots of different colours and flavours.
Christmas Tree Cookies and Biscuits
- Add the butter, sugar and ground cinnamon into a mixing bowl and beat together until creamy.
- In a separate bowl, crack the egg and gently beat.
- Add the beaten egg and flour to the butter mixture and mix thoroughly until until it becomes doughy.
- Place the dough ball into a glass bowl, cover with a towel and place in the fridge for about 30 minutes to relax.
- Pre heat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas 6/
- On a clean dry surface, add a light dusting of flour.
- Place the dough onto the flour and roll out the dough to 1/2 cm in thickness.
- Using a Christmas Tree cutter, or a knife, cut out the figures.
- When you have cut out the biscuits, roll any left over dough into a ball and roll it out again. Cut more shapes until no more dough is left.
- Place baking parchment onto a baking tray and add the tree cookies leaving a little space in between each one.
- Place the tray(s) in the preheated oven for 12 – 15 minutes until lovely and brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Using the premade icing, decorate the trees and enjoy.