This Easy Spaghetti and Meatballs recipe is a classic Italian recipe. The gentle hit of rosemary in the beef meatball brings it to life and when covered in the homemade tomato sauce makes it spectacular. You can make these in advance and keep in the fridge until needed. While I normally serve these with spaghetti, if you are in a messy mood, serve in a baguette for a super sub.
Easy Spaghetti and Meatballs
- Place a heavy saucepan over a gentle heat and add 2 tablespoons of the olive oil.
- When warmed, add the crushed garlic and chopped onions. Cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Place to one side and allow to cool.
- Add the beef with the onion and garlic mixture, the rosemary and beaten egg with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Portion the mixture into 20 – 24 small meatballs. Place in the fridge if not needed immediately.
- To make the sauce is easy.
- Heat the remaining oil in a saucepan.
- Add the sliced onion and the crushed garlic and stir until soft and golden.
- Add the tomatoes into the pan with the onion and garlic.
- Add the sugar, salt and pepper to the mix.
- Cook the tomatoes until soft. Normally about 20 – 30 minutes.
- Now for the fun bit
- Cook the meatballs in a frying pan for about 10 minutes using a drizzle of olive oil.
- When cooked, place them in a dish and cover with the tomato sauce.
- Add the mozzarella and place under a preheated grill until the cheese has melted.