Bacon and Broccoli Pasta is a superbly simple recipe that is full of colour and flavour. The broccoli adds a lovely texture, colour and flavour that brings this dish together. This recipe is ready quickly making it an ideal main dish ideal for those manic moments. However, using pesto is an easy way to get children to eat vegetables.
Bacon and Broccoli Pasta
- Place a large pan of water over a high heat.
- Add a large pinch of salt to the water and put the lid on.
- When boiling, cook your pasta according to the instructions.
- When the pasta is a few minutes away from being cooked, add the broccoli florets to the boiling water.
- Whilst the pasta is cooking, grill/fry the bacon for about 5 – 8 minutes until cooked.
- Chop into bitesize pieces.
- Drain the pasta/broccoli water keeping a mug full of water to one side. This will help to loosen the mix if needed.
- Pour everything into the pasta pan including the bacon and the pesto.
- Use as much pesto as you like.
- Mix everything together making sure the pesto covers everything.
- If it is a bit thick, loosen with the starchy pasta water.
- Grate a little parmesan over and serve immediately.