When I want a fast food a Simple Seafood Pizza is the perfect recipe. This quick Italian dish combines the benefit of using a fresh pizza base and covering it with lovely ingredients. Homemade tomato sauce, fresh shrimp, scallops and anchovies give the dish the luxury you deserve. Serve as a main dish every time.
Simple Seafood Pizza
- Preheat the oven to 450F/230C/Gas 8
- Place the pizza base on a lightly oiled baking tray.
- Tap the shrimp (peel if shell still on) and the scallops with kitchen paper.
- Carefully spread the pizza sauce on the pizza base leaving about 1/2 inch from the edge.
- Liberally spread the two cheeses over the pizza.
- Place the seafood (scallops, anchovies and shrimp) around the pizza.
- Sprinkle basil, the 1/2 teaspoon of ground pepper and garlic around the pizza.
- Bake about 10 minutes or until the shrimp are pink and firm, the scallops should be mainly white with a hint of browning and the cheeses have melted.