Sticky Pork Belly is one of my personal favourite recipes. This easy Chinese dish is both a side and main dish. The pork is full of flavour, very sticky and has a Marinade that brings everything together. Combine this with boiled rice and a full meal is ready quickly with little stress. I have slow cooked and drained the pork in advance and kept in the fridge for 2 days before finishing the recipe. Ideal for those in a rush.
Sticky Pork Belly
Slow Cooker Ingredients
- In a large pot add the Pork Belly Slices, garlic, ginger, chicken stock, rice wine and sugar.
- Place over a medium high heat and bring to the boil.
- Put the lid on and reduce the heat and simmer for about 2 hours. The pork should be tender.
- When cooked, remove from the heat and transfer the pork to a chopping board.
- Cut the pork into convenient size. I like thin slices and bite size chunks.
- Place a frying pan on a high heat and add the oil.
- Add the sticky glaze ingredients into a bowl and stir well to combine.
- When the oil in the frying pan is hot, add the pork with a pinch of salt and pepper and fry until the pork turns golden.
- Carefully pour the sticky glaze sauce over all of the pork and continue to cook until the pork is golden and sticky. The skin of the pork belly will become crispy.
- Serve with boiled rice and pour the sauce over the dish. Don’t want to waste it.