One of those recipes that every home cook should know. When the kids and their mates descend this is a life saver.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to CollectionCollections
Servings: 2 people
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6 and place a large baking tray upside-down on a shelf.
- To make the dough, sift the flour and baking powder into a large bowl.
- Add the salt and a pinch of pepper, then stir in the oil.
- Make a well in the centre, then stir in the warm water and mix to a soft dough, drawing the flour in from the side of the bowl a little at a time – you might need to add another 25ml/1fl oz water if the dough is a little dry; you want it to be slightly sticky and soft.
- Tip the dough onto a lightly floured work surface and knead for 2 minutes, until smooth and springy.
- When you are ready to prep your pizza, place the dough on a sheet of greaseproof paper.
- Roll this dough until about 5 mm thick. and place on a heated baking tray in a 200C oven for about 3 minutes.
- Remove and cover with passatta, toppings and cheese etc and return to the oven for a further 12 - 15 minutes until cheese is bubbling and crust os cooked.
Calories: 591kcal | Carbohydrates: 116g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 970mg | Potassium: 162mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 0.4g