Chinese Five-Spice Chicken (Wu Hsiang Chi) is an easy recipe to follow and the result is amazing. Also the recipe can be made in advance and allowed to marinade in the fridge. I prepare it the day before for total flavour. As with most Chinese dishes, serve with plain rice, egg fried rice or noodles for a main dish with little hassle.
Chinese Five-Spice Chicken (Wu Hsiang Chi)
- Place the chicken pieces in a large dish or plastic bag.
- Mix the remaining ingredients and pour over the chicken.
- Marinate refrigerated for 1 to 2 hours.
- Transfer the chicken to a baking dish and brush with the marinade.
- Cook uncovered in a preheated 350F (180C) oven, brushing once or twice with the marinade, until the chicken is done, about 1 hour.