Asian-Style Mushroom Burgers
A burger with an oriental kick. Makes a fast food burger look and taste like an old slipper.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to CollectionCollections
Servings: 4 people
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef preferably chuck, 675 g
- 8 in dried shiitake
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 large Scallion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro 60 ml, chopped
- 3 tbsp soy sauce 45 ml
- 1 tbsp sesame oil 15 ml
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger 15 ml, chopped
- 1 tsp Chinese five-spice powder 5 ml
- salt to taste
- ground pepper to taste
- Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix thoroughly with your hands.
- Form gently into 4 to 6 patties and grill over hot coals, pan-fry, or broil until cooked through.
- Turn once halfway through cooking.
Served with salad fillings make this a superb burger. Notes:
- Soak the shitake mushrooms in hot water for 30 minutes and finely chopped
Sodium: 747mg | Sugar: 0.4g | Fiber: 1g | Potassium: 584mg | Cholesterol: 121mg | Calories: 478kcal | Trans Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 16g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Fat: 38g | Protein: 30g | Carbohydrates: 3g