These are so easy to prepare and cook, they have become a firm favourite at breakfast and brunch. Flippin Great Pancakes are a family sport with the children and grandchildren helping out. I use bacon or ham to top the pancakes but fruit is a lovely alternative. Try using raspberries, blueberries or blackberries.
Flippin Great Pancakes
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl, stir in the wheat bran
- Break the eggs into another bowl and pour in the milk and add the yogurt
- Whisk together and add the salt
- Pour qtr of the liquid into the flour and mix with a whisk, pour in a little more and continue mixing until all the liquid has been used to form a smooth batter
- Heat a small amount of oil in a pan over a medium heat
- If you are using bacon then now is the time to start frying 2 rashers of bacon per person. Render the bacon rind and cook the bacon in the fat until lovely and crisp.
- Spoon in a large tablespoon of batter to make 4 small round pancakes
- Cook until little holes appear on the surface
- Carefully flip them over using a pallet knife or fish slice
- Cook for about 1 to 2 minutes and remove from the pan
- Repeat until all the batter is used up